Saturday, September 13, 2008

Education

Today I had the opportunity to visit Government Secondary School (Lines Area, Saddar) with my friend. This opportunity came as a blessing in disguise as I had to wait for three hours for my car to get ready. In the meantime, I with my friend decided to visit the school nearby... 

As far as I can remember this is my first visit to govt. school in Karachi in the past five years and my visit apprised me with a mixed opinion...

The school situated at a very heart of the residential area having a very large covered area. The class rooms had benches for students (not in very good condition). In one of the class, the attendance (as marked in the black board) was:
Total: 46
Present: 22
Absent: 24

that typically narrates less than 50% attendance...
Other Features of the school include:
Couple of extra rooms were dumped with garbage, no play-ground..

We cannot visit library as it was locked...


There was a mosque inside the school compound for all nearby ppl (as indicated from the outside of the school).. 

I had a chance to meet couple of students from the school they were acting as a ambassador since they told me that they had a class today and have regular studies. When I told them that the attendance should be low as I noticed in one of the Black Board, the student declined and told me that the attendance in their class was normal.




No comments: